Higher Diploma of Nuclear Technology
Seize the opportunity! Apply now for the Higher Diploma in Nuclear Technology, classes start September 2015
ENEC’s Energy Pioneers program aims to attract and train the country’s most talented science students, graduates and experienced professionals, and provide them with an opportunity to become pioneers of the emerging nuclear energy sector.
As part of this initiative, ENEC together with Abu Dhabi Polytechnic has developed the Higher Diploma in Nuclear Technology program that provides you with specialist technical training and expertise to help operate the UAE’s nuclear fleet.
The program balances practical hands-on training and classroom theory, and prepares Emirati high school graduates for a range of careers in the nuclear energy sector.
In the second year of the course, students will travel to South Korea to apply the lessons learned and get a real taste of the job with an internship at the country’s operating world-class nuclear energy plants.
In the third year, students specialize in their preferred job stream, ranging from Nuclear Reactor Operator, Instrumentation & Control Technologist, Mechanical Technologist, Chemistry Technologist, Electrical Technologist or Radiation Protection Technologist. At the end of the program, students graduate with a diploma, as well as a Job Qualification Certificate (JQC).
- UAE National
- Age: not older than 22 years-old
- English Proficiency: IELTS Academic band 5.0 or equivalent
- High School Graduate in a Scientific Stream with a minimum Achievement of 70%.
Students enrolled in the HDNT program are entitled to the following benefits:
- Full Tuition Coverage
- Housing Accommodation for non Abu Dhabi residents
- Competitive monthly stipend and performance Based Annual Bonus
- A guaranteed exciting and rewarding career working for ENEC upon graduation
- Continuous training during employment